Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Reminiscing

I just reread a bunch of my old journal entries in my hardcopy journal (aka not this blog).

You know, this trip has been full of drama and not fun times, but there have been SO many cool things. All the crud with relationships and friendships, I think, in the end, strengthened all of those relationships. I made legitimate new friends that I really believe I will remain close to. I discovered what being independent in a foreign country is like. I figured out multiple transportation systems and learned what walking a long distance actually looks like. I learned how to find cheap healthy food. I learned how I am when I do NOT self-care.

I learned how to really forgive
And to get over crap that is not important.

And most of all, I learned that I need to seek after God.

I have big plans for the future, but I can't even imagine what it will look like. I feel secure in God's plans for me whatever they are. I am who I am for a reason. And that is ok.

I am thankful for this trip.
I am thankful for all the experiences I will take back with me.
I am thankful for my friends here, at Whitworth, and in Texas who see the good in me when I don't

I am exceedingly thankful for my family.
They will always love and support me.
I am so lucky that three of the best people in the world are my family

I am so blessed.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Moreno said...

Thanks for sharing all you're learning and how you're growing. Love you lots, and I can't wait to catch up in person :)

Much Love,
Moreno

Dan said...

Devin,

Wow, you need to put a warning label on these entries if you plan to make your Dad cry. That way I won't read them during a break at the office.

I will always love and support you. You make it easier by being such a wonderful young woman.

Dad